Sunday, September 9, 2007

Spanish Bob

One day near the end of our trip Jacob had to pee. We had been driving so needed to pull over somewhere so he could get out of his carseat. The first place we came to was a Big Lots. While Jacob was having his pee break, I discovered that there was internet access in the parking lot! So we ended up staying a while longer...

In the meantime I saw a sign that said no RV parking, or something to that effect. Well, I couldn't go breaking the rules like that so I figured I should go in and make us legitimate parkers. I mean, I had to, you know, so I thought I should make the best of it. 20 minutes and $30 later I emerged with a mish-mash of random objects that we either needed, or might possibly need in the next ten years. That's what happens when you go in a Big Lots. Among those items:

Spanish Bob! We don't speak Spanish, but that's the idea, I guess. At first it seemed like it could possibly be the strangest homeschooling technique ever, but if you think about it - what's the difference between this and watching an episode of Dora? Right?

We haven't watched it for a while now, but in the beginning we were. And I'll tell you, even though Jacob probably had no idea what he was saying, he would start laughing and say, "Mommy! Dizzy said *&^ #$@* *&$@#!" And I'm pretty sure that's how learning another language begins...

No comments: