Monday, June 4, 2007

Lessons In Coin Rolling

Jacob and I rolled his coins today. When the bank is full we roll them and he gets to pick out a toy or something else to buy. Instead of doing that today though, Jacob just wanted to put the money into his savings account at the bank. I was so thrilled. Anyway, multiple lessons took place during the coin counting. Here we have counting and learning about coins, amounts that they are each worth and how many of them make up a dollar.


These are the state quarters. I talked to Jacob about each state and discussed the ones we'll be going to on our cross-country trip in less than a month. We talked about who the men are on the coins. That covered geography and history.


Here Jacob is working on his fine motor skills.

The final tally was $25. I was really looking forward to getting the cool Bob the Builder birthday set at Target...but this is even better. Jacob's learning to save money and we really don't need anymore toys.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I counted the coins in my little glass jar the other day and they totaled $48.75

So, what I want to know is what do pennies have to do with "coil rolling"? The fact that both pennies and coils are made of copper???

Ha, ha, hey, I made it over here!

xmas said...

What are you talking about? Do you need glasses??