Saturday, June 2, 2007

What the Hail?

We had a mini hail storm here the other day. I guess I haven't really seen that much hail because I thought it was pretty cool, as did Jacob. We set to collecting as much of it as we could from the ground when the storm had passed (not to mention the hail that was actually in our house, due to the fact that the addition windows still don't have screens on them).

Afterwards we looked up hail on the internet and learned all about it. We visited this website, and holy crap do you see the size of that hail?? And we went here. If I was more disciplined I probably would have come up with an activity for Jacob to do, but considering his age I think decifering the technical science speak and translating it into three year old terms was enough for one lesson.


No comments: